I love reading others’ bucket lists to get inspired, so today I’m sharing ours, and in a printable format as well.
Pro tip: Stick this in an 8 x 10 frame each year and check off the boxes with a dry erase marker as the season unfolds. Some years we get more checked than others, but it’s always a great source of inspiration for days (rain or shine) when we’re looking for fun family activities.
To download your Summer Bucket List printable, click here.
- Go strawberry picking (We love The Berry Patch!)
- Walk through the lilac arboretum (prettiest in early summer!)
- Take an adventure stroll through rotary riverwalk park
- Take in a concert at Simon Estes Amphitheatre
- Visit the Sculpture Park downtown
- The BHG test garden is open to the public for a couple hours each Friday – you’ll feel like you’re walking through a magazine!
- Head to Omaha and go to the zoo (road trip!)
- Make watermelon “cookies” with your stash of cookie cutters
- Check out Blank Park Zoo
- Feed the ducks at Jordan Creek Lake District
- Go to the Iowa State Fair
- Visit a Farmers Market
- Go to Snookie’s for an ice cream cone (here’s a list of our favorite ice cream spots in the area!)
- Check out the Iowa Children’s Museum in Iowa City (road trip!)
- Play at the Jester Park playscape
- Eat sweet corn (feel free to check this one off multiple times!)
- Play at the Brenton Arboretum playscape
- Venture through the skywalks downtown (and if you end up at the Science Center, so be it!)
- Cool off at the Greenwood Park Sprayground (near the Art Center)
- Read 100 books outside (an excuse to hit the library or bookstore!)
- Have a bike/wagon/ride-on wash with the hose/wading pool/buckets/etc (bonus cool points if you let them get their ride-on toys super messy and muddy beforehand!)
- Pack a picnic and have a beach day at Raccoon River
You’ll notice a couple of blank spots to write in bucket list items of your own — feel free to share, I’d love to add to this list!