“It takes a special man to be a father of all girls.”
In honor of Father’s Day coming up this Sunday, I wanted to share with you a little bit about my amazing husband…. God has blessed us abundantly! We have three daughters that we are thankful for each day. Having two sisters myself, I easily fell into the amount of female members we have in our family currently, and I love it.
Zeb grew up with one sister who was younger than him, so he surrounded himself with his buddies from a young age. The adjustment to an all-female household (four humans and one canine) was a learning curve for him. But I have never met a man more equipped (literally and biologically) to be a daddy of all daughters. There is something about the love of your life holding your baby girls…. I just love it.
I honestly think we were given these girls for a reason, and I KNOW that Zeb is their daddy for many reasons. Here are just a few:
1. He is LAID BACK. We will need that when we are all on the same menstrual cycle 10+ years from now.
2. He is HANDY. We will need him to build us more bathrooms and closets.
3. He is PATIENT. We will need that every. single. day. for the rest of our lives.
4. He is LOVING. Our daughters will need him to continue to tell them, “I love you,” and to show them love so they don’t seek it from other sources.
5. He is REALISTIC. We will need that balance when we are a bit too emotional and needing a dose of reality when facing the impending friend drama and boyfriends. Oh help us.
6. And finally… he LOVES ME. Our girls need to see how a man should treat his wife with love and respect, and they need to feel safe and secure knowing we love each other.
We aren’t sure what’s in store for us in the future…. More kids? More girls? A boy? Whatever comes our way, we are ready and we are thankful.