Located in the heart of historic Greenwood Park at the former Science Center of Iowa, Bergman Academy is an accredited non-profit private school, providing 3-year-old through 8th grade secular education.
Class sizes feature a 16:1 ratio and emphasize differentiated guided instruction. With an emphasis on rigor and relevance in the classroom, the teaching staff is committed to investigating the newest teaching methods to ensure each child is challenged and supported in reaching their own individual potential.
Why Bergman Academy?
Bergman Academy seeks to provide an environment that nurtures each child’s total development while guiding students toward the joy of life-long learning. Below are five reasons you should consider enrolling your child at Bergman Academy:
- Small student to teacher ratios (7:1 preschool, 9:1 pre-kindergarten, and 16:1 kindergarten-8th grade) allow for educators to get to know each child individually, understanding the way he or she learns best!
- Differentiated guided instruction in small classrooms allows teachers to respond to individual learning styles. Accelerated students can be challenged while remaining with their peers, rather than being pulled to the next grade level.
- Project-based and experiential learning opportunities engage students both inside and outside the classroom. From pond studies in the park, to geocaching in the woods, to visiting local cultural and educational treasures like the Civic Center and the Historical Society, students experience diverse and academically enriching outings.
- Spanish language instruction is taught through immersive lessons which incorporate current events, music, literature, games, poetry, pop culture, and storytelling, all while engaging in conversation. Spanish classes begin in preschool and continue through 8th grade.
- The natural setting of Greenwood Park serves as an extension of Bergman Academy classrooms, and students enjoy the numerous hiking trails and beautiful scenery surrounding the school.
The choice of where to educate your child is one of the most significant decisions your family makes each year. If you are interested in Bergman Academy as an option for your child, please set up a tour of the school with Bergman Academy’s Director of Enrollment, Julia Gaulter. During this tour, you can place yourself on the interest list, view classrooms in action, learn more about the enrollment process, and receive a calendar of events.
Did you know Bergman Academy offers confidential tuition assistance for qualifying families? Choosing a private school is a major financial decision for families. Assistance comes from donors who receive a tax credit that was created by the State of Iowa to promote school choice.
Connect with Bergman Academy
Main Office/ Admissions: 515-274-0453
100 45th Street, Des Moines, IA 50312