One of the most important things I’ve learned about dressing a kid is to find pieces that wash and wear well, and pieces that can be mixed and matched in a bunch of different ways. We call these pieces “hardworking.”
As a fun challenge, my husband and I decided to choose just 20 pieces of clothing from our daughter’s closet and make 20 different outfits in 20 days.
Why Would We Do This?
- To be more creative with her outfits
- It makes getting her dressed more simple
- It makes getting her dressed more fun
- Her drawer wouldn’t shut with all the clothes she has (embarrassing, but true)
Here are the 20 items we picked:
- 7 leggings (2 solid, 5 patterned)
- 3 sweatshirts
- 3 shoes
- 2 dresses
- 2 T-shirts
- 1 shirt
- 1 vest
- 1 cardigan
Accessories do NOT count as part of the 20, since they are not necessary for the outfit, but we added belts, headbands, socks, scarves, hats, etc., to jazz up her looks.
And here are the 20 outfits we created:
You can see where we bought these items and more specific details on each outfit here:
P.S. My favorites were 3, 4, 7 and 20!