Do you love planning events? Are you looking for a part-time job with a flexible schedule? Do you want to work from home? Find out if our event coordinator job is right for you.
Our team of moms inspires, encourages, supports, informs, and simply shares this journey of motherhood we’re all navigating together. We are moms of all ages, with kids in every stage, who have a mission and passion to connect moms in our community on and offline.
The Event Coordinator is a paid position.
1. See a description of the position below for duties and requirements.
2. Fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of the post.
3. See “How to apply” section for additional requirements.
Deadline to receive applications and all additional materials is Thursday, June 22, 2018 at 11 p.m. (CST)
Event Coordinator (paid position)
We are looking for one highly-motivated, detail-oriented mom to spearhead the planning and execution of all the Des Moms Blog events.
- Along with co-owners, serve as main point of contact for Des Moines Moms Blog large events, (i.e. rentals, venue, food, etc.)
- With guidance from co-owners, own and manage all aspects of swag and giveaways, speakers (as applicable), sponsors for Des Moines Moms Blog large events, as well as sponsors, food and beverage, and event venue
- Solicit swag and giveaway partners, as well as sponsors, for events via phone, email, and social media, continually brainstorming and pursuing new partners with assistance from co-owners
- Coordinate the assembly of giveaways and swag bags with assistance from co-owners as well as the event team
- Manage all aspects of communication with swag and giveaways, as well as sponsors, including reminder emails, setting deadlines for delivery, cultivating relationships through event updates, teasers, and post-event followup
- Assist in social media promotion (both DMMB’s and the team’s) for swag and giveaway sponsors, as well as sponsors, leading up to and at events
- Within event blog posts (i.e. to announce events and to recap events past), ensure accurate inclusion of swag and giveaway partners (as needed and/or promised to partnering brands), as well as sponsors
- Brainstorm new ideas for Des Moines Moms Blog large events with co-owners
- Work with inbound sponsors to advertise their business as they see fit within the DMMB event model
- Setup and management of Eventbrite ticketing for each event
- Manage communication with contributors and events team as it relates to events (updating contributors on events, coordinating best dates, assigning responsibilities, etc.)
- All local business contacts that may be a good fit for national sponsorship through CMBN will be passed along by the co-owners
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours)
- Represent Des Moines Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Serve on Des Moines Moms Blog executive team to visioncast
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Up to 10 hours of availability per week. Many weeks will not require 10 hours, but the initial build up of an event and the weeks leading up to an event may require an increase in availability. The day of the event will also require an increase in work time and availability
- Monthly check-in meetings, weekly email/phone check-ins
- Compensation is based on a combination of net profit for events, ticket sales, and commission-based sales.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Questionnaire below
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line of “Event Coordinator Application” and include your professional resume and cover letter and why you want to be considered for the job.
This form MUST be completed in order to be considered for any positions listed above. See “How to Apply” Section for specifics.