Passionate About Des Moines
and the Moms Who Live Here

Save Your Money: Twice Blessed Consignment Sale!

 

twice blessed consignment sale

One Mom’s Experience

Last year was my first time attending Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center Twice Blessed Consignment Sale. I find that most consignment sales don’t have much for young, growing boys; most of it seems centered on baby girl clothes.

Where are all the shoes for young boys? I never find shoes. Especially ones that are name-brand, in good condition and reasonably priced. Last year I found three pairs of shoes for my son: talk about golden unicorn!

The Twice Blessed sale is the only consignment sale on my calendar. It’s my one-stop shop for winter coats, spring sandals and athletic wear for my kiddos. Pregnant with your first? This is DEFINITELY the place to get everything you need.  

About Twice Blessed Consignment Sale

The 16th annual Twice Blessed Consignment Sale hosted by the Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center has thousands of quality baby, kid, and maternity items on sale for a fraction of department store prices. Clothing, coats, shoes, strollers, toys, games, books, nursery decor … you name, they’ve sold it! They typically have 40 racks of clothing ranging in size from preemie to 14/16. 

Every year there are shoppers who come to do their fall back-to-school shopping! With such affordable prices, this is a shopping spree that won’t leave you feeling guilty! 

twice Blessed Consignment SaleThings to Know

  1. New extended hours on Friday and early bird hours on Saturday. They are open for an additional two hours (until 7 p.m.) on Friday evening and are opening an hour early on Saturday at 8 a.m.
  2. Many items are marked 50% off on Saturday! Ultimately it is the seller’s decision, but many items are half-off!
  3. Volunteers who work a minimum of four hours get exclusive access to shop the presale on Thursday, March 30, before the sale opens to the public on Friday. Volunteering is fun and easy. There is always a need for volunteers to help with setting up, cleaning, working the registers, greeting shoppers, etc. Sign up here: http://signup.com/go/AUYZ8X

Sale Details 

When: March 31, 2017 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and April 1, 2017 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Where: 3900 Ashworth Road, West Des Moines, Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church

Sellers receive 70% of the proceeds from the items and the remaining 30% go to the Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center preschool and kindergarten programs. This is the school’s one public fundraiser of the year.

Children are welcome to shop, but parents should keep in mind the sale is at a church and school, so space is limited and strollers may be hard to maneuver. We’ve seen shoppers purchase over 100 items – so serious shoppers may want to leave the kids at home, so they can roll up their sleeves and get to buying without distractions.

Also, a line typically forms before the sale opens. Please plan to arrive early!

Twice Blessed Consignment SaleAbout Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center

Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center is designed to facilitate the emotional, social, spiritual, cognitive, and physical development of each preschool and kindergarten child. They provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum which is implemented with sensitivity to each child’s specific cognitive style and learning space.

Facebook event page 

Website 

Volunteer sign up

Email

This post was sponsored by Shepherd’s Flock Early Learning Center in conjunction with Twice Blessed Consignment Sale.

, , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply